Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nairobi part two

Everything is going well. I leave early tomorrow morning to go to Uganda where I will be for the remaining six weeks. I don’t know much about the organization except that it called The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) and it is dispersed throughout Uganda. I will be staying in Kampala for most of the time but I think we will be going around Uganda for some of the time.

Today was the first time that I realized that I am in Kenya. We left the compound that we are staying in for the first time and drove around Nairobi to a UM church and a school for children that was behind it. Most of the roads we were on were one lane dirt roads in which we had to stop several times for a chicken or goat to get out of the way, as well as children running behind us. There was also “Obama” written all over the walls and on the desks at the school.

I am going to try to upload some pictures and videos tonight depending on how well my connection to the internet is.

No comments:

Post a Comment