Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nairobi

I am in Nairobi now at the Methodist Guest House. Which is located in a gated compound outside the city. Our plane arrived late Sunday night from London and of course my bag was not on it. So I didn't even get to the hotel until around 1:00 Monday morning.

There are fourteen of us here from Africa, Asia, and the US. Four if us are from the states and the rest are from kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Congo, South Korea, Philippines, Cambodia, Indonesia, and Malawi. So not many people speak English very well. There is actually a French translator here to help the girl from the Congo. We will be here until Sunday when a guy from Mozambique and a girl from the Philippines go to kampala, Uganda. The language barrier is going to be fun since we all speak different languages. I guess I will have to learn Portuguese, Filipino, and whatever language they speak in Uganda. Not to mention they are both at least 5 years older than me.

I miss everyone and cannot wait to see you all.

By the way, my bag finally came today.

No comments:

Post a Comment